WELCOME TO MY SPOT!

WELCOME TO MY SPOT!

If you were invited here, I only have one rule......be you, but be kind.

Remember these are my personal reflections and thoughts.
Feel free to comment, become a friend or follower, like or dislike, vote or share.

I welcome you.

Monday, November 28, 2011

Golden Rule = "F" it

Been praying for it and I think I may have finally gotten it. I don't know if it's an answered prayer or if it's just that I'm fed up with my own over thinking and internalizing. Whatever it is, I like it. I like the other side of the coin with the Golden Rule. The rule states do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Lately I have been having this "F" people kind of attitude. Granted no one prays for that or at least they shouldn't but my prayers have been more less a plea for a coping mechanism that works with my personality. So far..."F" it seems to work just fine for me. I already told you I didn't know if it was an answered prayer or not...that's my disclaimer! Anyhoo. I have taken into account the Golden Rule and I notice that it can be applied to communication as well, not just action. For some of us action is communication so this rule can be injected into both and produce a viable outcome just the same. How be it evah, I have come to personalize this Golden Rule with my own interpretation. I will treat some as I wished to be treated and others like they want to be treated.  

Over the Thanksgiving holidays I put this little experiment into action with 3 lab rats.

Rat 1, let's call that one Selfish. Selfish thought it was ok to be inconsiderate and only think of things that will directly affect their life with no regard of my thoughts and feelings. I was ok with that and did the same then was asked if something was wrong? Nope. Not at all.

Rat 2, is Overwhelmer. OW for short. OW thought they could belittle me because they were out of their comfort zone and in my territory. Age played a role in that I am younger and things should be done the way they do it. Well I just kept reminding OW of where they were and how things run on my side letting them know opinions on their part is null and void.

Rat 3, Sneaky. Sneaky thought it could withhold important information something that would have once been shared but chosen not to divulged. I went right on ahead and as a matter of fact let Sneaky know that I already knew. What wasn't made known is that I have decided to change the dynamics of our relationship severing the once close knit ties. Demoting to just ...blase and casual.

They all had the same reaction to my sudden change in behavior...SURPRISED! I applied the Golden Rule. I would say the experiment proved successful. Are they ok with it?...Ahhhh "F" it! No one is exempt.

3 comments:

princess007x said...

I will give you a high five. Wow

Brina Michelle said...

I find myself wondering the same thing. What would happen if I treated some people in my close circle the way they treat me or others. I'm not sure they would even notice. Some of them are just to into themselves. So, I think I'll just continue to try and be aware of how I interact with other people and try to see things from their perspective cause then at least I can hope others are doing the same.

Angie said...

Oh,Oh!!!!!! Call me!