WELCOME TO MY SPOT!

WELCOME TO MY SPOT!

If you were invited here, I only have one rule......be you, but be kind.

Remember these are my personal reflections and thoughts.
Feel free to comment, become a friend or follower, like or dislike, vote or share.

I welcome you.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Chicken Titties

When Little Miss turned about 6 years old she learned about the power of her tongue. She learned what is appropriate to say and what she can't say. In the many wonderful things she does express, phrases, sayings, frustrations, etc. there is one that amuses her little soul. Some girls her age have imaginary friends she has "tickle words". Her favorite is "Butt Naked". Every time she says it, she bursts into laughter. I don't know why it sounds so funny to her, but I can identify. I know the power of words, how they carry weight and can alter atmosphere. I know although when spoken, they are invisible to the eye, but they are beheld in the heart. Words are expensive and cheap.

I think about an episode on Girlfriends when William is having an affair with his boss and when she says the word "Litigious", it made his nature rise. Of course she enunciates the L in Litigious and her tongue swipes the top of her lip when she says it but that's the effect his tickle word had on him.

Now for Dollar Bill, her tickle word is Astringent. She makes up conversation out of the clear blue so she can use that word. When she does say it, she changes her voice and carries the "Astringggggg" part out, then she giggles at herself.

My tickle word? Chicken Titties! I know you are wondering how did I come to liking Chicken Titties. I called Milk Dud on my way home from work, soliciting his help with dinner I asked him to take out some chicken breast to thaw. Well he didn't hear me when I get to the breast part because the phone kept going in and out. He could only hear the chicken part. Frustrated he kept asking over and over again, what kind, drums or breast? I got frustrated with screaming breast!! BREAST! over and over again. Needless to say he still didn't get it. On the final scream (phone working proper by now) I yelled "Chicken Titties! Pull out the damn Chicken Titties! Can you hear me now?!" So now, jokingly when I ask him to pull out some chicken breast, I replace it with Chicken Titties and it makes us laugh.

2 comments:

princess007x said...

That's was so funny it made me laugh out loud!!

Angie said...

Bwaaahhhhhhhaaaaa! I'm not even going to say what I thought you were talking about. lol