WELCOME TO MY SPOT!

WELCOME TO MY SPOT!

If you were invited here, I only have one rule......be you, but be kind.

Remember these are my personal reflections and thoughts.
Feel free to comment, become a friend or follower, like or dislike, vote or share.

I welcome you.

Monday, November 07, 2011

Entitled

I have my parents to blame and I can see this same vicious cycle is happening all over again. I'm doing the same thing with my kids. I tell them how beautiful they are. I let them know that it really is all about them. I let them know just how treasured and valuable they are and how much potential they posses simply because they were born. That's what a proud parent is supposed to do right...pedestal their own? The problem is not the doing, its the reason, the simply because they were born. It's because of the reason I get the spanking.

I was told the same things growing up and that's what I believed. All of it is true, to this day I am all of those things my parents said I was BUT not because I was born. I had to work at it. I learned the hard way most of the time but I later found out that you have to put in some work and get hurt too. You have to endure somethings, experiences and accounts and you have lose too. I wonder what can I do to start letting them know these things. As a parent how can I evenly parallel the doing and the reason without compromising one for the other?

I know they will get it as I've gotten it and maybe it's best the world shows them better than I can explain, but I don't want the cost to be devastating or them to be hard learners. I simply cannot stand people who act like they should have simply because they were born.

2 comments:

Angie said...

I should "have" because I have a belly flap!

M.O. said...

You should "have" simply because you are "CRAZY"! LOL!