WELCOME TO MY SPOT!

WELCOME TO MY SPOT!

If you were invited here, I only have one rule......be you, but be kind.

Remember these are my personal reflections and thoughts.
Feel free to comment, become a friend or follower, like or dislike, vote or share.

I welcome you.

Monday, November 14, 2011

Don't Like Funes!

I spoke to JO Smooth on the phone who is in his mid sixties and he made a startling discovery about himself that he had to share with me. I was grateful that his attitude is contrary to his age by his new discovery. He said..."I don't see how Kenny like doing this shit! Every week he's at somebody's wake or fune (funeral). Why when people get up in age, they like doing this shit for recreation?" then he proceeded with..."Man I hate going to funes!" I was tickled yet relived. This led me to believe, that in his heart, he is not yet up in age and he thinks going to funerals is not cool. He's not ready to embrace he could be heading closer to his turn in the casket. He's so smooth. I just love his zest and way of thinking for a person his age.


Well this weekend was my turn to make a call to him with the same conclusion. He could be thinking his time is winding down and this is not what he wants to do for sport in his free time alive. I was thinking this is so final, sad, long and drawn out. Nevertheless we agree, we don't like funes!


At this funeral though I was thinking how I would want mine to be and who would be present. I want a Jazz Funeral much like this one! (Click Here to see what I'm talking about!) No singing slow and sad songs and the service should be an 1.5 tops. I would want folks to wear bright vibrant colors and remember the better parts of me. The preacher should make it priority to talk about getting your life together and accepting Christ. For the re-pass, a family potluck with some good music and good company.


But it's not up to me. I won't be there. I just hope that mine is not like some I've attended because honestly...I do not like funes!!!!

3 comments:

Big Mark said...

Very insightful and Very funny

M.O. said...

Thanks Big Mark! I thought so too.

Angie said...

JO Smooth probably sittin in the fune looking all agravated. lol Sadly, I kinda like funes. : )