WELCOME TO MY SPOT!

WELCOME TO MY SPOT!

If you were invited here, I only have one rule......be you, but be kind.

Remember these are my personal reflections and thoughts.
Feel free to comment, become a friend or follower, like or dislike, vote or share.

I welcome you.

Thursday, February 02, 2012

Great

 When we use the words "Grand" and "Great" usually we think of money, lifestyles or domiciles. Our thoughts usually tend to think those words equate to something worthy or good. Nope! Not always!

 He's 18 and expecting a new baby soon. He's not the first nor will he be the last. I have officially gotten over his mistake and now have to get over something else. I have to get over my SWAG turning into HAG!

Not unless you want to be somebody's Great Aunt and I sure as hell DO NOT want to be anyone's Great or Grand anything! Especially at 26 years old! (cough cough) This dude is really messing up my steelo. My Neph is throwing a monkey wrench in my program big time.

At one time, he was my little baby, I am his second mother so we are pretty close and that was real cute back then. Now that he's having a baby I don't find it all that cute. Can you imagine me in the store with this kid and someone says to me.."Aww look how cute your son is!" Knowing me, I would blurt out "This ain't my kid!" "This is my...." Well shit! I'm at a loss for words. You know damn well I won't say this is my Great Nephew.

I guess I have to ponder on this one a little more. I could claim myself as the Nanny, but that's not entirely true because they won't pay me to babysit the kid. I could be Godmother, but they haven't asked me and I can't assume. I guess I will be what I have always been to my Neph...just Teedy. I can salvage some swag left with being a Teedy right? Yeah! that's just Great! Great Aunt that is. I cannot believe I will be somebody's Great Aunt. Sucks!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Hey "Great Auntie Ole Drawls" !!!!! That's how the baby should refer to you. : )