WELCOME TO MY SPOT!

WELCOME TO MY SPOT!

If you were invited here, I only have one rule......be you, but be kind.

Remember these are my personal reflections and thoughts.
Feel free to comment, become a friend or follower, like or dislike, vote or share.

I welcome you.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Today marks a very memorable occasion and not because it's Valentines Day. I'm not fond of the day actually. I have a whole new meaning to the term love and by the time I'm done with my definition, it may no longer be described as Love. As I have mentioned in other post I can go without the celebration of it. 

For M.O.M on the other hand he likes celebrations..any kind. So after repeating there's no need to buy me anything we need to conserve, he does what? He doesn't listen! I remind him every chance I get that his listening skills are poor. Of course he hates when I let him know...again! 

But this time ignoring me was appreciated. It's a memorable occasion because in 16 years he heard me. Anyone close enough who knows me knows I do not like roses. The man got me the most beautiful tulips! I love tulips and tiger lilies. I like the way the word tulips sound and there are 150 species in an assortment of colors and variety.  Did you know they are only available from November to May? And that they only last 3-7 days! That's why I love them! It takes ample time for them to come to full blossom, they are only available at their best during their season for a short time and with just a blink of an eye, their life span is over. They remind me of humans. You can learn a lot from flowers. 

Anyhoo aside from your botanical brainwash my pernt (point) is that this Valentines Day might not be so lame and I can say I think the man actually heard me...Today. Oops I didn't get him anything but I'm in luck because today is Tuesday and there is that 99 cent Tuesday special at Popeyes! Whoo Hoo! Valentines Day dinner is served!

1 comment:

Angie said...

I love lilies too....and I got some for V.D. too. : )