WELCOME TO MY SPOT!

WELCOME TO MY SPOT!

If you were invited here, I only have one rule......be you, but be kind.

Remember these are my personal reflections and thoughts.
Feel free to comment, become a friend or follower, like or dislike, vote or share.

I welcome you.

Thursday, February 09, 2012

Not your Ripley's Believe it or Not

There are some things in this life that are true but unbelievable and there are somethings that are unbelievable because they are untrue. But one thing is for certain that I can now hang my hat on. When someone shows you who they are...you better BELIEVE them. I found out through multiple experiences that people's actions do not lie. When they show you who they are, take their word for it!

I was reading this blog the other day and WOW...perfect example of what I mean. Clearly you can't change other people but you can respond in a way that's most beneficial to you. That's what I'm working on. Believing and responding. So I have come up with some identifiable characteristics that we are all familiar with and ways I respond to them.

  • The Asshole
    • Laughing, they hate when you do this
    • Ignoring
    • Sarcasm (but you have to be serious when you do it, try not to laugh in this case)
  • The Meanie
    • Sarcasm
    • Smiling (blink your eyes at them a lot!)
    • Asking (Ask tons of questions)
  • The Dummy
    • Be kind, they are dumb
    • Have patience, they are dumb
    • Repeat (repeat often, so that the words sink in...eventually)
    • or Ignore (the easiest)
  • The Selfish
    • Ofter them something they need or want (like you are going to give it to them), then tell them where they can purchase it! (Humph! Talk about garlic to a vampire!...That'll get 'em!)

Now that I've mentioned a few basic encounters you will have in your lifetime, you are equipped to respond accordingly. I have on occasion...well many occasions, fallen into either group (mostly meanie) and now I try to catch myself. I usually give a disclaimer to start so the person has the option to believe me or not when I tell them who I am today.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Don't forget the high pitched sing - song voice....that one works too!