WELCOME TO MY SPOT!

WELCOME TO MY SPOT!

If you were invited here, I only have one rule......be you, but be kind.

Remember these are my personal reflections and thoughts.
Feel free to comment, become a friend or follower, like or dislike, vote or share.

I welcome you.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

When the Devil Beats His Wife

There's an old saying we like to say down South when the sun is shining and it's raining at the same time, "the devil is beating his wife". The correct term for this phenomenon is sunshower. I love when that happens because in spite of the rain, there's the sun. I feel hopeful and still happy. 

Do you believe that the weather plays a major role in the way you're going to feel when you wake up in the morning? For the last couple of days or so it's been overcasting and ranging from cool to cold. I'm not a big fan of winter but if I had to choose I'll pick winter over summer because you can get warm but can't get cool. 

With the grey clouds comes sprinkles of rain that dampens the ground and my mood. It puts me in the funk. I need sunshine for me to shine. Of course I can make myself be happy if the weather is dull. I'll use my inner happiness for that. But sometimes I think God does it to purposely slow us down. Not to make us feel devitalized but to allow us to appreciate more than one weather induced sun-shiny emotion while, reiterating who He is 

It takes more of an effort when the weather is cloudy to put yourself in a jovial mood...at least for me. I appreciate that He shows me He still commands me and that even the power of how I wake up and feel in the mornings doesn't always belong to me.



1 comment:

Angie said...

I guess it's give and take. When it's cold my hair and skin look better, I like winter clothes, amd I love cool weather.......but it gets dark too early. I'm rambling...bye.