WELCOME TO MY SPOT!

WELCOME TO MY SPOT!

If you were invited here, I only have one rule......be you, but be kind.

Remember these are my personal reflections and thoughts.
Feel free to comment, become a friend or follower, like or dislike, vote or share.

I welcome you.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Keep Your Mouth Shut

It's amazing the impression we leave on people. What's also amazing is we don't know how sometimes. It can be from a first meeting, a heightened experience, or it could be from nothing at all just standing across the room and someone sees you.


I was just washing my hands in the restroom and there was a lady in there doing the same. As I got ready to dry my hands, I took a good look in the mirror at the woman next to me who just turned off the water in her sink. I always do this when time is still. I observe and dissect those around me especially when they aren't looking and she wasn't looking. When I was done washing, I patted my hands dry on the napkin and merely said, "Hey Howya Doin" and smiled at her, you know, being southern and nice. Immediately she said my name followed by a "right?" Nah hold on, let's review. Don't owe money, check. Ain't sleeping around, check.  Never in my life seen you before Lady, check. OK, safe to answer. I hesitantly replied with a slow yes, but the side eye must have said it all. She then told me, "I recognize your voice."  She introduced herself.."Hi, I'm Inas!". I knew who she was then and to confirm I finished her introduction by saying her last name.


I had only spoken to this lady over the phone 3 or 4 times tops and they were very short work-related conversations. I remembered her because of her name. I like the sound of it, its strong, powerful (has to mean something I'm sure), also I like the way it rolls off the tongue. She left an impression on me with her name, subsequently, I left one on her with my voice. Now if I could make some money leaving impressions with my voice. Do you think I would make a good phone sex operator? LOL!

1 comment:

Angie said...

No Ma'aaaaaaaam! Put that croaky voice in your purse and keep it moving. SMDH!